Over the last 7 years that I’ve spend with as a camera owner and the last 5 photographing weddings full time I’ve had the privilege of mentoring a stack of talented photographers and really digging deeper into the million different pieces that it takes to seem to find that “sweet spot” as a photographer where you’re shooting the work that’s creatively satisfying and also not living off two minute noodles for dinner while living in your grandma’s basement. (Not that there’s anything wrong with noodles in your grandma’s basement with Tim Tam slams for dessert!) But I think for most of us. We’re hoping for a little more and I have been really blessed to find myself in a place where my work is really creatively satisfying and i’m not working off old army rations for dinner. Sadly this isn’t the experience for most photographers I speak with or mentor. So after many years of planning and dreaming about how to do this I’ve decided it’s time to take this to the next level and to build the workshop that I wish I’d been able to attend when I was in those first few years of figuring out where that sweet spot was and how to avoid many of the mistakes I made.
First let me say upfront. This is not a workshop primarily to teach you how I do what I do.
And quite frankly I think it’s pretty insulting.
Everyone who is reading this has unique talent. Unique vision and a unique pair of eyes through which you view the world. To teach you merely to copy what I do would be an insult to the creative spark within you. We’re going deeper. We must. I want to help draw out of you what will help you stand out and make you thrive. To create the best work you possibly can. Not to set the bar so low as to limit you to only shoot the way I shoot and run a business like I run mine. I want to teach you how to go your own way. Not to follow anyone else’s path.
All that said don’t be fooled, This isn’t primarily us standing around a fire sharing feelings and sending you home with some good vibes and new friends. We’re going to dig deep into the practical real stuff of how to set up your business to succeed.
Arrive & Welcome feast – Good nights rest.
Day I – The Business
Finding your why. (Creative Inspiration & Purpose)
- – Reality check on whats the goal, whats the end.
- – What’s it going to look like to do this long term without burning yourself out and hating the entire wedding industry
- – Valuing your clients and keeping a servant mentality about your business
Creating a brand that stands out in a sea of sameness
- How to book your ideal client
- How to create the portfolio of your dreams & showcase YOUR style
- Uniquely positioning yourself within the industry
- Using social media well / Reality & Authenticity
• Setting your business up to succeed: H.U.S.T.L.E
- Covering yourself from rookie errors & Timesaving hacks to keep you organised and delivering on time.
- Sales (Albums)
- Learning from mistakes
- Work / Life balance
- Client Interactions & Managing expectations
• LIVE SHOOT / Dinner / Campfire Q & A
Day II | The Practice
- Couple Chemistry
- Creating mood
- sticking to your style / serving your client
• Post processing
- Finding your look
- workflow (how to edit a full wedding in 6 hours)
- Brand consistency through to final delivery and beyond
• Live Shoot
- Finding good light
- Framing with your landscape
- Keeping your couple comfortable
There will also be plenty of time for Q & A, a portfolio review for all attendees, and incredible food & some super special secret special guest speakers.
Plug in some details below and let me know you’re interested to find out more and get an email once the Venue, date and pricing options are made available.